Friday, May 2, 2008

Brush With Brush With Greatness

The Pop Eye's own Joe Pantoliano was in town for Ebertfest last week. They were showing Canvas, and Joey Pants showed up at the mental health center where my wife works to have lunch with the staff and clients.

He stayed in town for the weekend to do a panel discussion, sign copies of the DVD, and whatnot. He sounds like a very cool guy. He's started an anti-stigma organization and on the spur of the moment decided to sponsor the panel discussion. I wasn't able to make it, but my wife said he was really funny. Also, he apparently has no social filter. He started off the panel discussion by asking the sign language interpreter to show him the signs for bad words.

I'm sorry. I guess this wasn't going anywhere after all.

...except, hey, adoptee spotting!

3 comments:

BeckEye said...

Jeez, my kids never tell me what they're up to. We might have to start going to group therapy.

Johnny Yen said...

I loved Joe in "Midnight Run" as the sleazy bail bondsman.

Writeprocrastinator said...

Wow, Chelene saw Gina Gershon last week and now you've seen Joey Pants? Maybe someone will see Jennifer Tilly (oh, please, oh, please).

Joey is the coolest character actor in the world right now.