Tuesday, November 13, 2007

War On Terror Enters the 1950s

Let's face it. The 1940s were a bad decade. Fascism, war, people doing without gasoline and other basic needs, wounded vets coming home, the cold war revving up... it was kind of like the Bush presidency with less corruption. On the other hand, while the 1950s had rampant social conservatism, they also had aerodynamic bras, drive-in movies, cars with fins, and entertainingly bad sci-fi. It was what we in the biz like to call "a step in the right direction".

So when a group of pilots and government officials, including a former Arizona governor named Fife, declare that UFOs are a national security threat, count me in. In what can only be good news for the Kucinich campaign, the panel is calling on the government to re-open Project Blue Book. In a post-9/11 world, they say, we can no longer afford to dismiss the claims of random wackos. If we ignore the aliens, then the terrorists have already won? Something like that, anyway.

The Air Force has said no, but I'm off the the soda fountain for a malt just in case. Who's with me? Don't be an L7.

1 comment:

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

Oh, shit yea, I'm widcha!! I mean, with the election coming up an' everything, I'm DESPERATE for something potentially scary to draw my attention off into the proverbial clouds!! Thanks for letting me know about this!!