Thursday, June 28, 2007

Eight Things You Hate About Me

I've been tagged by WP and El Tri to tell you all eight things you don't know about me, and I'm going to combine this with Declaration Thursday because I like breaking the rules. So here's me, thumbing my nose at posting the meme rules, and just for Becks, I'll let everybody off the hook on the whole tagging people thing, since she accidentally got caught in the crossfire the last time I did one of these.

1. There's Time Enough For Sleep When You're Dead.
I rarely sleep more than 5 hours a night. I'm just not that tired.

2. I'd Find It Easier To Hate Fascists If They Didn't Build Such Lovely Buildings.
Say what you will about their politics, but that sort of 1930s Totalitarian Modern was a great look for architecture.

3. Wine Is Overrated.
I think that a good beer, a really good one, is more flavorful and complex than a comparably good wine, and bad wine is much worse than bad beer. Oenophiles are just alcosnobs.

4. I'd Make A Really Entertaining Dictator.
I'm charming, I'm capricious, I can really hold a grudge, and I have a great appreciation for poetic justice. When I stage a purge, you can bet it won't be boring.

5. I Believe That Everything Should Come In A Matte Black Option.
There is a reason that all of the other colors want to be the new black: The old black rocks!

6. Funerals Should Be More Entertaining.
I do funerals badly. I can't help it. I believe that I've already mentioned my genetic propensity for jackassery. Even making me a pall bearer cannot force the requisite somberness upon me. It's been tried.

7. I've Had Female Of The Species Stuck In My Head For About Three Days.
Nothing helps. Tried it. Tried it. Tried it.

8. Eight, I Forget What Eight Is For.
um... I'm not actually, strictly speaking, a dog. No, no, it's true.

I am Spartacus, and I support this message.

10 comments:

vikkitikkitavi said...

A charming, capricious, grudge-holding, poetic justice-appreciatin' beer drinker?

Be still my heart!

Writeprocrastinator said...

The Spot of the species is deadlier than the female?

I don't know how you and Ms. Coffey deal with such little sleep, I have to have some sleep, after about four days in a row without.

"I'd Find It Easier To Hate Fascists If They Didn't Build Such Lovely Buildings."

Agreed about the buildings. All around Milan, Italy are fine examples of great buildings and just the sickest, worst statues ever. They took Deco and put in all these unnecessary square lines.

The only thing you will hear me praise facists for, is for making the trains run on time and the Swiss manage to do with that with a whole lot less goose-stepping (although how much less, is subject to debate).

"Oenophiles are just alcosnobs."

With all the made up praises and faux adjectives, ya think?


After this meme? I'd think you'd make an excellent dictator and you have my defacto vote.

BeckEye said...

I'm with your on the beer thing. It annoys me how everyone drinks wine these days. Even Eddie Vedder, for God's sake.

I love how we all talked about funerals in our lists. It's all WP's fault, that morbid bastard. He started it.

lulu said...

Can't one appreciate both beer and wine? Incidentally, I read in a wine magazine once that any food that pairs well with Champagne will also pair well with beer.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Also, fascists? Very snappy dressers.

Foofa said...

I enjoy both wine and beer but will happily drink PBR and will unhappily drink bad wine. Sadly, I'll drink pretty much anything.

Dale said...

To sleep perchance to dream, of funerals in matte black. Wait, they already come like that don't they? You've got my vote for RED.

deadspot said...

Aw. shucks... Thanks, Vikki.

It's my mutant power, WP, but "Able To Stay Up Late Guy" just isn't going to get me a comic book deal. Thanks for the vote, even if I don't plan to count them.

When I looked at the other responses, it seemed like the reference to funerals was obligatory.

One can and probably should appreciate both, Lulu. You can't make a mimosa with beer and orange juice.

So true, Flan. I would have given them credit for their fashion sense, but I didn't want to look all "Soft on Fascism".

That's what I'm sayin', Natalie.

Red is a fabulous color for a funeral, Dale. You can wear red to mine.

By the by, I'm looking for someone to put the shiny silver dollar on either eye before they shut the lid, and it doesn't seem like the sort of detail a grieving family member should have to take care of. Any takers?

lulu said...

Beer and orange is good together though. I love Blue Moons.

deadspot said...

This is true, Lulu. Have I told you the story about... wait. I did.

Come to think of it, the Germans make a drink called a radler (which means cyclist), made of beer and lemonade which is not nearly as disgusting as it sounds.

Still, I think I'll pass on the beermosa.